Forget About It


     Forget About It
       W. R. Schaefer Jr.

I was just here thinking
of a very long time ago
while I was busy drinking
and everything was slow
Your pretty face popped into
my mind... 
I hope the years have been kind

I've been guilty or not, of
wanting to make waves
Mostly, a ghostly way to behave
I may not have even taken
down that first shot, had not
I craved... Though true,
I'd say you were very brave, too!

There are stories about kin
if you wish to dig into
darker times, I'm unsure exactly 
when, but it's almost 
like somebody sent you
And if you do lack the work...
Spark of time, on facts, deepen...

Truth be told, for it was not,
his empty pockets couldn't
satisfy his want... to buy her a
simple suitable gift, such as
the locket past the glass, as...
it was her birthday, time moved too
fast, due to sifted sands,... let shift!

But, it made the breaking news
He was as guilty as accused
Calling shots on popping booze
Best prepare to be abused
Filling slots with bad interviews
The fair Judge was not amused...
Hide the boy away to pay his dues!

A hardened greasy man appeared
After so, low... too many years
Scarred heart, apart o' it teared
Laughter still can fill the air
In whispered silence, I always cared
and we're glad you're back from there
Caught me sort, of ill-prepared...

*** nicotopcat.blogspot.com ***










No comments:

Post a Comment

The Singular Sailor

    The Singular Sailor       by  W. R. Schaefer Jr. I am taking this ship out to sea I've forgotten the way to be free Will I find myst...