Right On Time!


            Right On Time!
                      by W.R.Schaefer Jr.

I think of all the things I haven't done
and those things I have, add up to none
The last thing I did was turn seventeen
Then I went and ruined everything...

I thought I knew it all
My pride was due a fall
So, what did I think I knew?
Now, I test to prove it's true

Don't ricochet to far away
Time is much too short to stray
Don't run out of time to make it right
Keep your beloved in your sight

Don't get busy wasting time
Use nervous energy to climb
It will serve you well to seek
Always think before you speak

Drugs are just a painful loss of love
An added strain that is hard to rise above
The tug is too sad on my heart
I'm very fortunate to have made a new start

I don't have a so-called bucket list
I'll just say; "fuck it," if it persists
Do everything, you can well desire
Too-much will set your ass on fire!

Don't be a liar so you know
Threading a mental needle so
Pinocchio's nose began to grow
Tedium and mistrust everywhere you go

It is dirty dealing when you steal
Only cat burglars have any appeal
Unless you're a polished jewel thief
The Hamburglar knows you took his beef!

Murder may result from an illicit affair
Drive-in movies; all our asses in the air
I told her man to consult a marriage counselor
He felt insulted, no comprehension of how I could dare!

But as I progressed in age I got more spiritual
Life is a stage and its elementally virtual
I found God but not in a church ritual
I am unbound and a bit odd, but the feeling is mutual

No. I am not a social justice warrior
It sounds exceptional, just a whole lot sorrier
You feel a real need to be accepted
You drive a shady deal, which I  have always rejected

So, who are you talking to?
I'm no longer confused about what's true
When I see you walk the talk all the way through,
we can then tend to issues too long overdue...

Understand my right to disagree with what you say
Make your intentions known in the light of day
Do not indoctrinate the children, why not let them play?
Why make them hate their parents, and tempt fate today?

What has become of the loving world I knew?
You taught me what you wanted me to do...
I guess zero was the sum, and none of it was true
My dear love, I can't help but remember you...

Do you doubt my argument has a fibrous structure?
I believe that everything is well attached, very stable
Staring as if I'm a quantum molecule, eyes without departure
I often suspect I'll be the subject of a children's fable

And now you see the trouble such incite may ensue
It leaves very little room in which to do...
In winter I sit and wait to catch the flu
The changes are the same, as I'll bet you knew too!

Don't live for the fight, but for what is right
Expect it to be anything, but be straight
Seek out truth and love, and invite delight
Don't ever believe the dead were too late!

↘                                                  ↙
  Çąt 👉😼👊 Ɲıpʼɲ ɓƳ WRS©⧫













No comments:

Post a Comment

The Singular Sailor

    The Singular Sailor       by  W. R. Schaefer Jr. I am taking this ship out to sea I've forgotten the way to be free Will I find myst...