Instrument Of Change

         Instrument Of Change

A Lyrical Composition by W.R.Schaefer Jr.

So, I wrote; I hope to be an instrument of change for the better...

The worse event that could happen is that you disregard this letter
I must admit to my regret, to losing my due rent money on a bet
The Almighty God above me knows I wish I could forget if he'd let,
while the icy cold wind blows, and my clothes are a stiff frozen wet
and I'm old enough to realize without surprise as yet...
that I won't have to read the stupid legend on my grave marker
once the lonely stone has set me on a path much darker, etched
upon the wretched body human, oddly caught up in its own net
Afraid of the mess he's made
 and The Almighty God whom he has not yet met! 

See, my rent money isn't all that's gone, but pride and respect
Soon the mounting evidence is funny too much more than you 
are even able to or rightfully be expected to remember or forget  
so let me be direct; even the elect is one who you cannot detect
My God! He's going to knock those freckles off you!...
Be good but be aware that he can see you there so get no darker
You'll be all alone where there stands erect, no cell tower stretched
across a cold and windy road before you a long-distance dialed
directly to the children, you neglect
 Know that you've been exiled, reviling pile of filth and debt!
...by you know who you never, everlasting will have met!...

-Reconvening in the only one real meaning out there...
↬nıcøtøpçąt.bløgspøt.cøm bƴ©WRS⧫↫

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Singular Sailor

    The Singular Sailor       by  W. R. Schaefer Jr. I am taking this ship out to sea I've forgotten the way to be free Will I find myst...