Looking For Some Work


          Looking For Some Work

                              by  W. R. Schaefer Jr.

She was an old soul with a broken heart
I was a broken-hearted man
Who needed a place to make a start

I tipped my hat and asked her, "How do you do?"
She sipped from her glass and asked;
"Are you too good to be true?"

I said, "I could do the things you don't want to."
She gave me a steady gaze...
No! She was looking right through!

She nodded, "The Mister died, four years ago tomorrow...
You could free me up a bit."
I'm no psychic, but inside I felt her sorrow.

She gazed longingly; "When can you begin?"
I felt a crazy desire so strong, it was wrong...
Then I spoke again, "The first thing in the mornin'"

Then she looked at me, proposing; "Let's have a drink to that."
I didn't have a moment to choose and a lesser time to think...
She winked at me in agreement. I said, "I suppose it's my weakest link."

The next thing I knew, we were all tangled in her bed.
As much as I knew it was true, she'd covered each angle in her head
I held her all night. Yes, she was blue but lovely too. "So," I said, "I'm loving you instead!"

We share a love that was born one lonely night
I love this gentle lady with all my might...
She holds my attention. She's the focus of my sight!

                               ⇏ 😼ᑕᐞᐪ ᑨᑭᑙ⇍by© ᙎ.ᖇ.ᔢᑦᑋᐞᓫԲᓫՀ ⧫⬲

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Singular Sailor

    The Singular Sailor       by  W. R. Schaefer Jr. I am taking this ship out to sea I've forgotten the way to be free Will I find myst...