The Ring On The Rung


The Ring On The Rung

Lyrical~  by  W. R. Schaefer Jr.

How do you feel
inside your heart of hearts?
Is this all real?
...Waiting to be wrangled apart

What is illogical
is the way you try to bind our minds
Not to sound so philosophical
but, something will break loose from this grind

Was I to make a guess?
It's elemental, people see reality
Why not confess?
Anyway, you're going to pay, it's plain to see

Honestly, if it were up to me
we would aggress...
Why can't you see
that you've reduced us to this unaccepted mess?

We've grown accustomed to your attacks
You had better watch your backs
The solidity of our society... has cracked!
We can see you now as you try to distract

The wounds are sore...
and we really can't believe you anymore
There is the door...
You have depleted us, our trust in you, for sure

It has been a long time...
since there was any sense of reason or rhyme
I will own mine...
I should have noticed at some point along the line

I am quite certain...
I'd have seen you were affected in the mind
Why did no one stop the hurting?
Why was everyone connected by such binds?

Then again,
it's just too easy to pretend that all was fine
Barstool spins...
I'm going to mention this to that old friend of mine

Didn't we all share a single plan;
The pursuit of happiness?
Wasn't there, at the time that we began...
a hint or less, so we all could have avoided this distress?

Did nobody see...
that it was up to you and me,
to pass on this very key...
to them... eventually?

+ (C) nicotopcat.blogspot.com +






No comments:

Post a Comment

The Singular Sailor

    The Singular Sailor       by  W. R. Schaefer Jr. I am taking this ship out to sea I've forgotten the way to be free Will I find myst...