Editorials by W. R. Schaefer Jr.


                                   Editorials by W. R. Schaefer Jr.                             



+I'm on edge. I feel as if I could explode at any minute and it isn't a reassuring aspect. I haven't done anything to account for this outlook. I mean, I'm not in any trouble that I can imagine. Of course, trouble can find you anywhere. Sometimes it feels as if it's hunting you down. It will pass. Certain situations apart from you can control your feelings, piss you off. Politics is a sticky issue. The mechanics involved in it can make you angry as well.

My identity as a Republican is based on some particular principles. To some degree I do, I must make them known. I've never fought in a war but I believe those of us who have, deserve our respect and understanding. Many have come back home worse for wear. I'd venture to say that the things they have been exposed to have had a lasting effect on many of them. I am proud to think of myself as a Patriot too. We Patriots have to have common ground here at home because there actually are some loose cannons among us. Some of them identify as Patriots too, and that is a problem...

What people do as resulting from political ID isn't always right, but I have never heard of anyone in the Republican party expressing or advocating breaking the law, or committing violent acts. It is wrong and shouldn't be tolerated or condoned by anyone, including those in an official capacity within the party. Such actions are clearly outside the boundaries of protecting yourself or others. Those are the times when violence may be called for, and as well ought to be.

If some unfortunate act of aggression causes the floodgates to open and starts a civil war as a resulting effect, violence will as it is in any war, be normalized. I would hope that cooler heads would prevail. Especially now, when we are closer to being coaxed by other countries to attack Iran. There are those who would love to see us putting undue stress on our economy by doing so. It would take a bite out of our ability to defend our country. It would be unwise for the US to become embroiled in a domestic or foreign conflict. The truth is that we would only diminish what we've got. 

I'll be honest. That NY state would even consider giving illegal aliens the right to vote is crazy. So where do we ordinary Americans get our rights? Oh. For being Americans we get to cast a ballot like an illegal alien. Wow! That's awe-inspiring. Say what? The state of NY wants to give drivers licenses to illegals too? Do they have to pass a test? Oh good. The clerks aren't going to do it. That's good to hear. I saw the news yesterday and it seemed on the table and open for discussion. NY clerks rock! That takes away the nagging feeling I was experiencing when I began this piece. I wonder whose brainchild that was anyway?

Apparently, Mark Noloncarz ( County Exec.), was angry that Stephan Mychajliw was telling Clerks to call the phone number that he had set up while still Comptroller ( for reasons unclear to me ). But, Mychajliw wanted to allow Clerks to use that number to report Illegals who showed up to get their license. But, he did one better. He has given the actual ICE phone number to report illegals who show up for that reason 1-866-347-2423. Let's see, Cuomo (D) who usually supports this cause has come out against. Mickey Kearns (D) says no too. So even some mainstay Dems are coming forth against licenses for illegals. So, maybe there is a reason to not only work and have lived here all your life, and to have defended this nation overseas, gets you an actual distinctive right. Distinguishes you from somebody who just got here and is, by no means a citizen yet. 

I will never hold an elected or appointed office in this great land but, I would like to reiterate my unofficial position on immigration by saying; We all came here from other countries. There is no reason not to give somebody the benefit of a doubt if doubt is a benefit. Let me say this too. I know we didn't ALL come here from somewhere else. Those native to the land have been here since who knows when? I used up my benefit of a doubt but corrected myself again. Yeah, I'm beginning to get a little sloppy, so I'm going to finish up by saying this. We are all human beings and should be treated as such. If you are somebody who goes around living like a scoundrel, maybe it's about time you get some of that... But for the most part, we are all good people. I would hope anyhow. Paranoid? Who me? Naah... You think?-06/21/19

+My beloved NYC has done it again! They have called for the defunding of the Police force in the wake of the George Floyd murder by an evil cop, who by any stretch of the imagination, should not have been a cop being that he had been sighted on eighteen separate occasions. It's beyond me why he still had a badge, but that is not the issue I wish to raise here. The problem is that he was an enigma. Most real Cops would never have murdered a man who had already been apprehended and was in a submission hold. This cop had a knee on the throat of Mr. Floyd, who was able to somehow make it known that his life was being expelled, but was not availed by the offending cop, resulting in his death.

There have been peaceful protests which are of course protected by law. But there was also a separate element that is not protected by law, which was the destruction caused by the rioters and looters. There were six shootings inside four minutes and the Police responded as due. New York is a democratic state, mind you, and Police had been advised to allow not only the peaceful protesters but the rioters and looters to carry on at will by state representatives. this idiotic approach by Democratic hierarchy culminated in several Police Officers being injured as well as one being arrested and charged with assaulting Dounya Zayer, who he pushed to the ground. There are a few different schools of thought at play here, the perspectives of Mayor DeBlasio, Police Benevolent Association President Patrick Lynch, and the officers in charge of overseeing the activities as to what degree of policing should be done. I know I'm speaking for many who realize that we need our Police to be able to enforce the law. As of today, 06/10/20 that question of how much policing is too much, and the protests for Mr. Floyd's death continue unabated...   

                         ↝😸🔃© CątƝƗpʼɲ↜by➳ W.R.S.















No comments:

Post a Comment

The Singular Sailor

    The Singular Sailor       by  W. R. Schaefer Jr. I am taking this ship out to sea I've forgotten the way to be free Will I find myst...